I usually don't write what I do on Saturday, but I had a pretty productive one.
1. rearranged the living room.
2. put a "fake bottom" in the toy chest to put the toys that are too small for John underneath and so that he can reach all of the toys above it.
3. washed, dried, and folded three loads of laundry.
4. cleaned the kitchen.
5. figured out a bunch of stuff on my iPad.
Today I:
1. made oatmeal for breakfast
2. baked really healthy and pretty good tasting cookies
3. cleared the mess off our kitchen table
4. cleaned the kitchen
5. went for a walk with Sam and John in the beautiful weather
6. made chicken rice casserole for supper
7. watching a movie with Eric!
Here's the recipe for the cookies:
Ingredients:
2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1/3 C. Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
2/3 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of Ground Cloves
Dash of Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 C. Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 C. Nuts (I used dry unsalted peanuts.)
1/4 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 C. Reduced Fat Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Optional)
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and spices. Add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.
Spoon a rounded 2 tbsp. of the cookie mixture onto the lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each and flatten slightly. I placed a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.

Did you put John in that shirt just cause you were making cookies? :-)
ReplyDeleteEither way, he's super adorable and those cookies look and sound delicious!!!