Monday, March 18, 2013

If you can call this work...

I'm pretty new to this whole stay-at-home-mom bit, but I can already tell you that it can keep me as busy as any job I've ever had.
Last week was my first week at home with John and I had grand ideas about what I could get done during the week. However, by the time the weekend hit, I realized that I had barely completed anything on my mental to-do list.
Feeling incredibly unproductive and slightly depressed, I came up with a job chart to keep me accountable and to keep track of what I actually get done, but as I was about to hang it on the fridge, I started to feel like a nine-year-old again.
So rather than putting an X through each job I complete and saving up ten cents at a time, I am just going to make a page for it. So, here I will keep track of what I do each day. Maybe I'll even post a picture or two if I complete a note-worthy task. Don't expect anything fancy... I'm just trying to stay sane here.

2 comments:

  1. I like the job chart idea...not that I'll be able to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've actually done a few things on it each day! I even have a "projects" section for when I get ambitious. (For example: I organized some of John's clothes today. Sometime in the future I might pull out some bushes in our yard, probably the same day that pigs learn to fly.)

    ReplyDelete