Saturday. Ahh. I love Saturdays. I don't have to feel guilty about not doing anything because Eric is home and I know that he isn't doing anything either.
This is how a typical Saturday goes.
8:00am John wakes up. Eric does not. I nurse John and lay on the bed in his room while he plays for about an hour.
9:00am John and I eat breakfast. Today was pancakes and banana.
9:30am John starts to get tired, we play for a while, read a book or two, and hang out.
10:00am Eric's phone rings for some reason or another so he wakes up. We go in and I lay by him while John excitedly crawls all over our bed, smacking our faces, talking up a storm, or playing peek-a-boo under the covers. Then we read another book or play some more.
11:00am Put John down for a nap; Eric and I hang out, talk, or do whatever we want :) Then Eric takes another nap.
12:00pm John wakes up. Today Eric showered while I worked out (if you can call it that. I only do one.five reps of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2dbyiSwuCc because I get tired halfway through the second one.) John and Sam watched me like I was a crazy person. Then I showered.
1:00pm Nurse John.
1:30pm Eat lunch. (Brats on the George Foreman). Straighten the kitchen.
2:00pm Make a pot of coffee. Get out some leftover cheesecake. Eric reads a book. John plays with his toys. Sam chews his bone. Talk one the phone to a faraway relative or friend (today was Shupe).
3:00pm Read a story to John, lay him down for a nap. Eric takes a nap. I blog or browse the book of faces.
4:30pm John wakes up. Eric does not. I realize its Saturday and I know I won't want to do anything on Sunday, so I powerclean the kitchen (including polishing the stainless steel, scrubbing the stovetop, wiping out the microwave, and washing those dishes that I haven't done the last two days) and finish folding the laundry while John plays with his car. Eric helps out when he wakes up.
6:00pm Feed John peas for dinner, nurse, bathe, read, and put him to bed.
7:30pm Eric makes us dinner: popcorn! and we go downstairs to watch a movie, play a game, or hang out until bedtime.
Today was a typical Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment