Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2013.07.09 Tuesday

Back from vacation! I can't believe I've been gone for two weeks. We had a blast, but you can peek at my other blog to hear more about it (when I get around to it that is).

We got back LATE last night (around 1:30am) so I was thrilled that John slept in until 10:00am today. I could get used to that!
After he got up we had a breakfast of oatmeal and fruit (fruit from the freezer because we have minimal amounts of food in the house).
Our dogs were fairly happy to have us back, so we spent a good amount of the morning playing with them. John was happy to see them too. 
For lunch I made eggs, refried beans, and heated up some corn tortillas because I couldn't find anything else to eat. I think I should go grocery shopping soon. 
After lunch we emptied out the WHOLE van. Pearl helped by cleaning/licking the crumbs from the various corners of the van. John got sick of eating snacks in his carseat after 20 hours in the van so the snacks got thrown all over. It was pretty messy. John helped by climbing in and out of the van and handing me anything he found that looked interesting, but not interesting enough to keep playing with. 
My emptying the van turned into throwing everything into a big old pile in the middle of the kitchen, so once that was done, I had to start organizing. Most of the clothes ended up in a big pile of dirty laundry. Some clothes, the toys, the snacks, the baby gear, and all the extras got put away. That felt like enough of an accomplishment for the day, so I didn't feel too guilty leaving the kitchen a mess with a giant pile of laundry in the corner. 
While John took a nap, I took a shower and finished up putting some of the extra vacation items away. 
I ate my leftover beans and tortillas for supper and made John and Eric some mac and cheese. 
Once John was in bed, I curled up in my lazy boy and caught up on the "Bachelorette" episodes that I missed. 
Needless to say, I was ready to catch up on some zzz's after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment