On Saturday I cleaned most of the house and packed for a weekend away while Eric napped.
We drove down to Indiana, went to a Pork Chop dinner for the Boy Scouts, and hung out with the family. Eric drove back to GR, so I was in charge of the nino, who decided to wake up at about 1:00am and fuss for most of the rest of the night.
Sunday was Mother's Day and John's first birthday!! We went to church then Dad and I came home and got lunch ready (well...Mom prepped most of it the day before, so really we set the table, mixed a few things together, and set the food out). Grandma and Grandma, Amber and William, and Tammy and Miguel's family all came over, so we had a good time. We tried to play the bowl game, but everyone was ready for naps, so we didn't get too far.
After John went to bed, April and I got out about 8 tubs of pictures and got to some serious sorting! We went through tons of old pictures, letters, cards, etc., sorting them for each family member. Boy was it fun. Dad, Mom, Nate, and Grandpa were trying to play a game of Rook and we kept interrupting them to show them fun pictures or read them funny notes. We were also very productive! During/After this process we also watched the movie Safe Haven.
Monday I scanned some of the pictures that we sorted, took a bath with John, took a nap (because John got up at 4), walked to Amber's, and hung out there most of the day. Corianna and John loved playing together out on Amber and William's new deck. Those kids were filthy; covered in dirt, smoothie, water, dog food, and who knows what else! They had a blast. We all walked to the back with Mom and the two kiddos rode in a little wagon and were absolutely too cute. I walked home with John, ate dinner with los padres, and went to April Mary's choir concert. After the concert, Mom, April, John, and I went to DQ and rented a movie to watch. I cleaned up most of our mess from the picture sorting party while we watched the movie and then went to bed.
Today (Tuesday) ate breakfast with Mom, April, and John, cleaned up and packed all our stuff, and hung out with the family just a bit before heading out. April and I drove up to GR together, stopping to visit Grandma Toonstra for an hour or so on our way. Then we went to Kuyper for her "official college visit" where she got to meet with the head of the safety, grounds, and facilities departments, the VP of Business and Finance, most of the Student Life Staff, a financial aid officer, the secretary of the admissions department, the Assistant to the President, many students, and got a personalized tour of the campus by a recent alumni of the college. (AKA, we hung out with Eric for half an hour and talked to the people he talks to and then walked around for a few minutes to show off John and snagged a free t-shirt). When we got back to the Roosma house, we all three took naps and then played for a while. We watched a movie while we gorged ourselves on Chinese food and April did her Algebra homework (what a studious girl, doing homework on her college visit day).
Now, after a very full and fun weekend, April is on her way home, John is in bed, and I get to hang out with my husband again.
No comments:
Post a Comment