Monday, August 19, 2013

2013.08.16 Friday

I hit "snooze" on my alarm, John slept in, and Ruby arrived early. 
I woke up to Sam barking at the front door, threw on some clothes, and answered rather groggily. Whoops...I guess maybe I should set my alarm earlier than 8:20 for a 9:00 arrival time, but I'm usually just fine. This getting here at 8:30 business is a little ridiculous :) 
By the time I got dressed, John woke up. We had breakfast (eggs and toast) and packed up the kiddos in the carseats for a visit to the O'Brien-Pahman household. 
Kelly and I had pastries and coffee, the kids had fun playing with toys, reading books, and pulling magnets off the fridge. Then we all to a wonderful walk next to the stream in the woods by their house. 
On the way home, both kids fell asleep in the car; I successfully transferred them to their sleeping locations in our house without waking either one of them up. 
I made some pasta for lunch (because it is no longer making me throw up) and read part of a book while they napped. 
After they woke up, we ate lunch and played for the rest of the afternoon. I did manage to fold and put away all of the laundry that was left.
Eric and I planned a "cleaning party" date for tonight, so I got started without him. I straightened all the bedrooms, the bathroom, and the living room. When he got home, he vacuumed all the floors in the whole house while I cleaned the kitchen (including wiping down the cabinets and cleaning the stove and microwave). Once we felt accomplished, we went to pick up our Chinese food and Red Box movie. After dinner (easy clean-up), we bathed and bedded John and enjoyed our movie together. What a great (cheap) date night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment